Sales Associate (Hourly)
Ownership is looking for part-time hourly retail sales associates as an integral part of the founding team to successfully establish the business. While this is an entry level position, as an early member of the company, there is tremendous potential for growth (including into management) for the right candidates. Opportunities to learn both about product (beer, wine, and spirits) and business in general make this position an ideal stepping stone for motivated individuals.
- Serve as first point of contact with customers, greeting and helping with product questions ensuring they find products, making recommendations where appropriate
- Use POS system to process customer transactions
- Assist with deliveries, inventorying, merchandising, basic cleaning and organization tasks, etc.
- Answer phones and other administrative tasks
- Perform customer tastings
- Interact with suppliers and distributors and assist management in product selection
- Entrepreneurial mentality – committed to working hard on any task for long hours in the beginning to pay off with tremendous room for growth in this start-up business
- Must be outgoing, an excellent communicator, friendly, reliable, organized, professional & passionate
- Eager and committed to constantly improving knowledge of beer, wine, spirits and other product offerings and imparting that knowledge to others
- General interest in learning more about business management
- Passion, enthusiasm, and working knowledge of beer, wine and spirits
- 1-2+ years of alcoholic beverage retail experience
- Professional certification huge plus (Cicerone, SWE, WSET, etc.)
- Hospitality or alcoholic beverage supply experience also welcome
- Must be available 20-35 hours/week and able to work weekends, evenings (2-10pm), & holidays
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Up-to-date TIPS certification (or equivalent program in responsible alcohol handling and service)
- Familiarity with point of sale systems and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with social media programs and/or graphic design a plus
- Capable of routinely lifting and moving 35-50lbs
- Have reliable personal transportation and within reasonable commuting distance of Needham
Competitive compensation based on experience, company sponsored industry training and education, a fun and dynamic environment, employee discount, product samples, and tremendous room for growth will be offered for the right candidates.
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and most recent compensation information to TheReveler@revelerbeverage.com.