Ownership is looking for a full-time, salaried Wine Manager to continue to help develop and grow the Wine Department. This is a great opportunity to shape a young company with lots of opportunity for growth and development.
- Maintain and constantly evolve an excellent, but unpretentious wine program finding ways to continue to grow.
- Work with the rest of management to create a positive environment for customers, staff, and vendors and oversee and ensure smooth operations.
- Manage and grow Reveler’s two Wine Clubs including selecting wines and writing monthly and quarterly Wine Club newsletters.
- Lead customer service and develop a robust customer education program on wine including tastings, seminars, point-of-sale materials, and written pieces for newsletter/social media
- Develop and execute a robust staff education program on the basics of wine.
- Responsible for overseeing vendors, managing inventory, ordering and receiving, wine invoice organization and tracking payment due dates, quickly addressing issues directly with distributors, and working within wine budget to effectively drive sales and maintain profit margin.
- Work with the rest of management to oversee and develop six hourly employees, assisting with hiring, training, scheduling, performance evaluations, etc.
- Compose weekly wine features for the Reveler Newsletter.
- Entrepreneurial mentality – committed to working hard for long hours in the beginning to pay off with tremendous room for growth in this young business.
- Must be willing to jump in wherever needed, from most managerially and strategically advanced to most basic tasks in any area of the business.
- Extreme level of organization and time management necessary.
- Possess strong business and financial acumen, understanding how to grow both sales and margin, all while staying within budget and making sensible decisions around buying and product selection.
- Must be outgoing, an excellent communicator (verbal & written), friendly, reliable, & passionate.
- Eager and committed to constantly improving knowledge of wine, other product offerings, and business as a whole and imparting that knowledge to others.
- Demonstrated expertise and passion for wine
- Professional certification huge plus (SWE, WSET, etc.)
- 5-7 years of wine industry experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of wine retail management experience
- Working knowledge of Spirits and Beer
- Undergraduate degree
- Up-to-date TIPS certification (or equivalent program in responsible alcohol handling and service)
- Must be experienced in inventory management, pricing, budgeting, POS interface, and other aspects of retail operations management
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience managing social media programs a plus
- Must be able to routinely work weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Capable of routinely lifting and moving 35-50lbs
- Have reliable personal transportation and within reasonable commuting distance of Needham
- Must be 21+ years of age
Competitive compensation package, health care benefits, paid vacation, company sponsored industry training and education, a fun and dynamic environment, employee discount, and tremendous room for growth will be offered for the right candidate. To be considered for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and most recent compensation information to TheReveler@revelerbeverage.com.